Friday, May 6, 2011

Etsy Friday Five - 5/6

It is shaping up to be an awesome Friday. Blue skies, bright sun and great songs on the radio while driving to work, have all put me in an excellent mood.


Sharing today’s Etsy Friday Five puts me in a good mood as well. As always, I really hope you like the things I found this week.

Happy Mother’s Day, a bit early, to all my Mom Readers!


I was looking for a clever Mother's day card on Etsy last week, when I stumbled across Crankbunny and their amazing pop-up cards. It is no exaggeration when I tell you I was blown away.  The level of detail and craftsmanship is amazing.  If you are giving one of these cards along with a gift, make the person open the gift first, because once they start playing with their card (I mean come on, the shop has a customizable golden ticket card) the gift will be forgotten about.


Pushing Up Daisies Boston Terrier Pop Up Card by Crankbunny -$8

This ring by The Whirlwind combines two of my favorite things - jewelry and embroidery.  I love the color palette which is so fresh and Springy. It is the perfect compliment to a cute sundress I was gifted recently.  The Whirlwind's shop is full of interesting jewelry, often mixing fabric and vintage pieces. 


Rainbow Embroidery Ring by The Whirlwind- $25

This is the year my husband and I are investing in a grill.  I think I am breaking all sorts of steak protocol whenever I make my famous Steak on a Cookie Sheet dish.  So, yeah - a grill is a must and so is this Grill Guru spice/rub set by Purpose Design.  The set holds 15 rubs, including Tropical Citrus, Memphis BBQ, Ancho Chili and Cajun Spice, and come packaged in an attractive brushed aluminum box.  These rubs are custom blended and are making me hungry writing about them.  This summer, I will rule the grill!



The Grill Guru Master Kit by Purposedesign - $40

My husand is a huge music junkie (and he has his own music blog) and vinyl makes him happier than just about anything else.  He has co-opted our spare bedroom into an "office" which translates into music storage and listening room.  I think this dry erase board by Blue Order will fit nicely in between his show prints and records on the wall.   And I can leave him notes like "I love you, but Zappa is overrated."


Vinyl Record Stack Dry Erase Board by Blue Order - $29

I utterly adore this delicate and romantic necklace by  Eva Thissen.  The craftsmanship of the individual clay flowers is remarkable and I just love the dimensional effect they create.  Her entire store is full of stunning, creative pieces.  I long for the rings she has featured on her banner, but they don't seen to be available in the store at the moment. 


Ciel de fleurs by EvaThissen - $55


All images courtesy of their respective owners

12 comments:

  1. Awesome picks, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card it amazing! I'm off to check out the rest of the shops...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I love that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic finds! i love the pop up cards and that adorable ring.

    xoxo,
    lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful finds, thanks for including my ring among them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you selection, we have similar tastes:) Especially that pop-up card:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That ring is soooo pretty! Thanks for sharing your finds!

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that pop up card..and the necklace is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful picks. Good Morning! You’ve been chosen to received The Lovely Blog Award. Find out more at www.divineinmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That poly clay is absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. You have made my day - Lulu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...