Thursday, February 3, 2011

Papercuts by Tina Tarnoff

I was laboring under the misconception that the art of Papercut was just something that old Victorian ladies did while sitting in their stuffy parlors talking about the weather.  Boy - was I ever wrong.  One look at Tina Tarnoff's papercut creations opened my eyes and gave me a new appreciation of a craft that has been around since the 6th century.

Tarnoff, an established San Francisco painter, has more recently turned her hands to creating intricate papercuts.  Each piece is painstakingly cut out of a single sheet of paper and placed on handmade Indian cotton rag paper for contrast.   Ethereal and delicate, it is hard to pick a favorite -  but under $100 for an original piece, you don't have to pick just one.


3. Words of Wisdom - $85

In addition to the papercuts, Tarnoff has also created a jewelry line featuring her most popular pieces.  I adore the striped legs brooch.  Looks like I am adding other item to my ever-expanding wishlist.

                                                                                                       


All images courtsey of Tina Tarnoff
                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. You have made my day - Lulu.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...